Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I was a bad, bad girl

The materials list went up for Chatelaine's Illuminated Medieval Sampler today. Luckily it has lots of DMC which will keep the cost down and it all sounds so very pretty.

I WILL NOT start this until Alpine is finished, but my parents are giving me some money towards the materials kit for my birthday at the end of the month and I stashed away some more out of my PayPal account in the shape of a gift voucher for myself from European Cross Stitch so that I'll be able to get everything and have it ready for later in the year.

That is all sensible and reasonable. Here's the bit that's not...

I chose what fabric I wanted to use for this long ago. It was mocked up on black and looked good, but I fell for it on Tiger's Eye Belfast from Silkweaver. (This isn't a perfect representation because the image was cut out of black and that's left black edges on everything.)



I ordered the fabric from Silkweaver this afternoon. Yes. Naughty. But it still feels good to know this beautiful project is starting to happen.

5 comments:

fudgey said...

That fabric was made for the sampler as far as i can see..
gorgeous fab... good choice

i love the border on the sampler and the unicorn and the garden bit.. but not really the rest i do have trouble with liking people in most xstitches.....
i am thinking it is bad to get the online chart just for a unicorn... isn't it....

Nicki said...

A perfect choice! You've got to order something nice every now and again or you'll be batty ;)

I'm with Fudgey on this one though - love the border but thank goodness the rest doesn't do anything for me!

Anonymous said...

How can you not order from Silkweaver? :-P
Hugs,
Brandee

Karen's Blog said...

This fabric will look great. Good choice:)

Christine Doyle said...

I need a mop to clean up the drool!!!! This has made it up to the top of my Chatelaine wishlist! I love your choice so much better than the black!!

I am a huge fan of Illuminated art - and stitching it is a huge bonus!!!