Unfortunately, he was.
I've just spent the last couple of hours lying on the floor of his room, reading a book from the light coming in the door from the hallway while waiting for him to go to sleep.
The only up side to this is that I finished the book before midnight (it was a YA, or possibly even a children's book so it had big print and less pages), taking my May total to five, which feels much, much better than four.
So my updated May reading list is:
- Judas Unchained - Peter F. Hamilton
Commonwealth Saga, Book 2; SF; 8/10
- The Sharing Knife: Passage - Lois McMaster Bujold
The Sharing Knife, Book 3; Fantasty; 9/10
- Fairest - Gail Carson Levine
- The Lost Duke of Wyndham - Julia Quinn
Two Dukes of Wyndham, Book 1; Historical Romance; 8/10
- Into the Wild - Sarah Beth Durst
The Wild, Book 1; Childrens; 7/10
DNFs so far in 2008 = 5
10/10 reads so far in 2008 = 4
New reads so far in 2008 = 35
Rereads so far in 2008 = 5