Sunday, April 23, 2006

Stitching Update

Any stitching has gone very slowly lately as I haven't been feeling all that well.

My Embroiderer's Guild is doing a canvas work round robin, so I've spent some time picking my colours and working out what I want to do. Then, of course, I had to find the time and energy to stitch it.

I chose to use pink 18-count mono canvas, with a selection of pink, purple and green threads in all sorts of textures. My dividing band is canvas stitch and the main band is tweed stitch. I will admit that I spent a lot of time tryign to choose what to stitch for my main band, but when I saw "tweed" stitch, I immediately thought of Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and that decided me.



We went away to visit my parents for Easter and I took Dawn Star with me. I got a nice bit of stitching done, but then I discovered that I had done a whole lot of it in the wrong colour. I've pulled it all out, but haven't faced up to starting restitching again.

I've decided to have another try at a rotation, but only have four slots in it - for Dawn Star, Alpine Seasons, Defender of the Kindom and a free choice from the rest of my WIPs - as I'm struggling to get anything done at all. I need a very fine balance between freedom and structure and I still haven't found it yet. Instead, I'm going for a variety of approaches and at least trying to get something stitched.

No comments: