Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Dawn Star after 4 weeks

Here's my latest progress on Dawn Star.



I've finally introduced another colour other than pale grey and pale pink, which is nice.


I started out planning to work on a page at a time (which is why there are those grey blogs down the bottom), but realised I didn't want to risk getting vertical lines in the stitching from the page intersections. So I cut the page in half horizontally and taped all the top half pages together to make a long strip. (If that makes sense - if not I can post a picture.)

I've now finished the first of those half pages with the exception of one colour which I'm missing. Floss is really expensive here in New Zealand (the equivalent of about US$1/skein), so wonderful Lana from the
Heaven and Earth BB is sending me the ones I'm missing for this design. Unfortunately, that included the one colour I needed to completely finish that first page. I should have it by the time I'm next working on this project.

I'm also starting to see a bit more of the shape of the design rather than just background now, which is a lot of fun.

1 comment:

fudgey said...

LOVE the colours here...
i can not wait until you get to that statuesque woman.. oh to look so strong and capable...

love that you have a blog for your stitching now hugs
fudgey