Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I've just been taking a look at my LibraryThing pages for 2006. So here's a quick summary...

I read 109 books in 2006.

Of those, I gave 22 a rating of 10/10.

There were 7 I gave up on and failed to finish.

My lowest rating was 2/10 on one of those 7 which I hated with a passion and don't understand why people like the series, although I appreciate that some do. That book was "Dexta" by CJ Ryan.

My 10 favourites of the year, in no particular order and with series grouped as a single entry were:

- Ship of Magic / The Mad Ship by Robin Hobb
- Earth by David Brin
- The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams
- Lover Awakened by JR Ward
- His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik
- Blood and Iron by Elizabeth Bear
- Crystal Dragon by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
- Tinker / Wolf Who Rules by Wen Spencer
- The Snow Queen by Joan D. Vinge
- Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Of those 12 books...

- 4 were rereads and the other 8 were new books
- 6 authors I had read before 2006 while the other 4 were new to me this year
- Only one was a stand alone, while all the others were parts of series, either as a tight set such as a trilogy (4) or an ongoing series on undetermined length (7)
- 10 were fantasty, 1 was science fiction and 1 was paranormal romance

No comments: