Here's another challenge hosted by J. Kaye that I can't resist joining. I do use the library regularly, but I also tend to buy books as that lets me read them whenever I'm ready, rather than having to fit my read into the borrowing time.
I'm only going to commit myself to TWELVE books as I don't want to increase my stress levels too much. If I read more, that's great.
The Support Your Local Library Challenge is being hosted at J. Kaye's Book Blog.
Here are the guidelines:
What better way to pay homage than by having a reading challenge in 2009? Since we are all different, there will be three sizes of challenges.
** The first is to read 12 books from your local library in 2009.
** The second is to read 25 books from your local library in 2009.
** The third is to read 50 books from your local library in 2009.
You decide which one of the three challenges is best for you.
1) You can join anytime as long as you don’t start reading your books prior to 2009.
2) This challenge is for 2009 only. The last day to have all your books read is December 31, 2009.
3) You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.
4) Our goal is to read 12, 25, or 50 books checkout from our local library in 2009. Please decide which when you sign up and don’t change it.
5) These can be audios, downloads, children’s, YA. As long as it’s a book, format and target age group does not matter.