Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Doing as I'm told

I had an email from Dave just now, telling me that I haven't updated this blog in too long. Being a good and dutiful wife (here I pause to give Dave time to choke as he reads this), I'm doing as I was told and posting an update.

I haven't got much stitching done since I last posted, which is the main reason for my lack of updates.

After finishing part 6 of Alpine Seasons, I decided to carry on with part 7 for as long as I felt like it. Unfortunately, that wasn't particularly long. I got a small start on the inner border for part 7 and ran out of enthusiasm. It's not that I don't like this design - I love it - but there is just so much in the mountains and trees and I'm short of energy as always, so I can only cope with it in small bites.

There's a photo of what I did get done in the camera. I thought I had to get organised enough to find the USB cable and the camera and download it to the computer, but I find Dave has already done that part, so one moment while I got and process the photo so you can see it too.


As you see, not a lot of progress. But I'll get back to it and I'll do a bit more.


When I put down Alpine Seasons, I picked up Dawn Star.

I had divided my pattern into half pages to work on progressively (I started with full pages, but decided they were a bit big for me and that half would work better). I almost finished the first one last time I stitched on this, but I had been missing some floss. Wonderful Lana from the HAED BB sent me what I was missing, so I have finished up that first half page, which feels very satisfying. I'm one of the people who marks up her pattern as she stitches, so seeing on whole piece of paper all turned green gives me a sense of accomplishment. Beyond that, I haven't had a chance to do a lot more though.

We're going away for two weeks holiday at the weekend, so right now I'm trying to decide if I should take Dawn Star or Alpine Seasons with me. Or both. The problem with the last choice is that I'm afraid if I do that, I'll waste my time trying to decide which to stitch instead of just getting on with the stitching.

In the meantime, while not stitching I've been reading. I'm about 250 pages from the end of Robin Hobb's Ship of Magic, which is good since my book list ([FantasyFavorites]) starts discussing it on Monday. Reading and stitching are my two loves and they constantly vie for my time. I got an order of books today, including the latest from my favourite author (The Final Key by Catherine Asaro), so right now reading has slipped ahead of stitching in clamouring for my attention.

No comments: