Thursday, January 05, 2006

Naughty but nice

Yesterday, when Marcus finally took a nap, I should have done the same thing. I'm desperate for the sleep. The thing is, when I do that, all I seem to do in my life is sleep, look after Marcus and get in a bit of computer time while he's playing if I'm lucky. (And it's mucking around on the computer time, not serious work time - I need some solitude and a chance to think for that, neither of which I get when Marcus is on a roll.)

So I got out my Alpine Seasons, which has started calling me again, and I sat cross legged on our bed, turned on an audio book (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe) and stitched. I probably only lasted less than an hour before I was so tired I had to lie down to sleep whether I wanted to or not. But it was WONDERFUL. It was the best 'me time' I've had in a long time. I want to do it again.

I can't do it every day or I'd never get enough of the sleep I need to keep up with life in general and Marcus is specific, but I'll have to try to find the opportunity occasionally.

And if I'm really, really lucky and get some more stitching done this week, I might finally finish part 6 of Alpine. I'm running rater late, but hey, what's five months between friends?

No comments: