Saturday, August 02, 2008

Od Magic - Patricia A. McKillip

I generally love Patricia McKillip's books and the plot of this one sounded interesting, so I picked it up from the library. Unfortunately, the ongoing reading funk got it and I found myself grinding to a half about a third of the way into it. I put it down to start something else and didn't have the urge to go back to it (I guess this should teach me to stick with a book rather than being tempted by something else, as I often don't go back to them). I think there were just too many characters and plot-threads the story was following for me to keep up. If McKillip had just stuck with the main plotline that was in the blurb I'd had enjoyed it more. But we just kept on getting more and more characters.

Knowing McKillip, I'm sure it all came together at the end, but sadly I didn't make it that far.

I've ordered her new book, The Bell at Sealey Head, in hardcover so I hope this isn't an indication of my current ability to read McKillip books.

Od Magic
Patricia A. McKillip
Did Not Finish

No comments: