Monday, April 06, 2009

Our new toy

Lookie what we got:

newtvLast week, Dave got a small bonus from his company to say “thank you for not leaving us”. After a little thought, we decided that we would use it to replace our ailing-but-not-dead-yet television, since the chances were that when it did die, we wouldn’t have any spare cash to replace it on the spot.

After looking around, we bought a 42” plasma, and I must say that I’m impressed with it. I didn’t realise how much I was missing while watching TV on the older, smaller one. I know my vision is poor without my glasses, but obviously it just generally not great with them as well.

Suddenly, I’m interested in watching TV again, which I haven’t been for ages. After Marcus tried it out with WALL-E (as shown above), I sat down and watched Mama Mia, which I’ve been planning to watch for ages. It was silly but great fun and the bigger screen definitely made a difference.

Oh no. Books, stitching and now TV as well. Where will I find the time?

2 comments:

Nancy M said...

The more you watch things in HD, the more you will be amazed and you won't like seeing just the "normal" stuff anymore!

orannia said...

Ohhhh, pretty! And it is nice to see D rewarded for his loyalty!