Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I hate French Knots

That's all really, just a grumble.

Like many other stitchers I'm sure, I hate French Knots.

I wanted to do a little bit of soothing stitching yesterday, but Dave is in the process of repairing my floor frame and I didn't want to work on a BAP anyway. So I pulled out "Alpine Garden" by The Drawn Thread. I started this while on holiday earlier in the year and it has sat around ever since, waiting for me to pick it up again.

I did last night, but despaired at my pathetic French Knots which just weren't working. And I have to admit, even when they do work, I don't like them that much.

I've decided to leave the spaces empty for now and I'm 99% sure that when I get to the end, I'll go pack and use beads instead. I have enough of a collection of beads now that I'm sure I should have something the right colour to use.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

What a shame I'm not just down the road still! I love French knots - I'd do them for you :) The French knots on M is for Mother were my favourite bit!

Anonymous said...

I used to feel the same way as you ... have you tried doing Colonial Knots instead? They come out much more uniform, and don't have a tendency to pull through to the other side of the fabric (which I have a big tendency to do with French Knots) :D