Thursday, September 20, 2007

Reading

I've been doing lots of reading this month - if not a lot else - but unfortunately so far I haven't felt up to reviewing the books. I'm going to give it a go all the same, but they may be shorter than usual.

I've had lots of books turn up at the library for me, so whatever has come in there has mostly dominated my reading this month. I started reading Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series of historical romances and they kept on turning up and turning up, so romance has been a dominant theme this month. I suspect I may end up on a fantasy or SF kick for next month since I'm starting to feel the need for a change.

I joined a new reading group (I know, silly me) that is going to do a different genre each month. We're starting with historical fiction and have chosen Connie Willis's Doomsday Book. I'm looking forward to branching out my reading a little bit and think this one looks interesting, so that will be good for October.

So lots more reading ahead and maybe even some more reviews as it is very satisfying to write them if I can.

No comments: