Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Oh no, all over again (books this time)

Not only have I found new cross stitch charts, RomanticSF.com have just updated their upcoming books list and there are way too many I'd like to read, including some from favourite authors that I didn't even know had new books coming out.

Sigh.

August 2006

  • Cast in Courtlight - Michelle Sagara
    I'm tossing up over this one. I read the first and found it quite confusing, but still really liked the setting and characters. I suspect I'll succumb eventually, because I do want to know what happens next, and besides, I love the cover.

Fortunately (or not as the case may be) all the others that I'm interested in for August I've already got in hardcover or trade paperback.

September 2006

  • Alpha - Catherine Asaro
    So it's a hardcover, but I've already ordered this one. Catherine Asaro is my favourite authro and an autobuy for me.
  • Fairest - Gail Carson Levine
    This one sounds rather good and it has a beautiful cover. I suspect I'll resist, but I'm tempted.
  • The Hollow Kingdom - Claire B. Dunkle
    Another one that's looks interesting and has a nice cover. I think it's YA and I know I won't buy it, but I still like the look of it.
  • Firestorm - Rachel Caine
    Actually, this is book five in the series, so I don't want this one (yet), but it reminds me I'd like to find time to read book one, Ill Wind, which is sitting on my TBR shelf, loaned to me by a friend.
  • Dead Man Rising - Lilith Saintcrow
    See above. Reminds me I want to read the first in the series, Working for the Devil.
  • Poison Study - Maria V. Snyder
    See above, or sort of. I actually have this one in hardcover, just need to find the time to read it. (That's starting to sound like a familiar refrain, isn't it?)


October 2006

  • The Sharing Knife: Beguilement - Lois McMaster Bujold
    I admit it. I've ordered this one too, hardcover and all. Lois McMaster Bujold is my second favourite author and I buy her automatically in hardcover now because I'm impatient. This is the first in a new fantasy that is coming out as two books.
  • Magic Study - Maria V. Snyder
    The sequel to Poison Study above, I'm being strong and holding off on this one until I've read that first. All the same I'm so tempted by having a matching hardcover. I'll wait. Another beautiful cover.
  • Spellbinder - Melanie Rawn
    I love Melanie Rawn. She writes long, complicated but lovely books. I didn't know she had a new book on the way so I'm delighted to see this, but also fruststrated that I so can't justify another hardcover right now. Maybe I need to buy a Lotto ticket, but money can only buy the books, not the time to read them. Darn it. Gorgeous cover too. I'm a sucker for beautiful covers.
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding - Sherrilyn Kenyon and others
    Already ordered for the Dark-Hunter story in it.
  • Shattered Dance - Caitlin Brennan
    I've ordered this one. It's the third in the White Magic series and I'm reading book two right now (or rather it has a bookmark in it while I read Catherine Asaro's The Dawn Star, but I'll be back to reading it soon).
  • Greywalker - Kat Richardson
    Another in the current paranormal trend, but looks interesting. All the same, I can't really spare the time or cash on spec right now. I'll wait for some reviews to come through.
  • Glass Houses - Rachel Caine
    See above. The same argument applies to this one.


November 2006

  • The Mislaid Magician - Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermeyer
    This is a fun series and I look forward to reading this one, but I don't feel the need to buy it, let alone in hardcover. Phew. Thank goodness.
  • Bloodring - Faith Hunter
    This is a new author to me and a new series, but it looks interesting. I like this kind of book, although I have no idea why, so I'll think about it. Hopefully it will turn up in mass market paperback.
  • Eyes of Crow - Jeri Smith-Ready
    This is the first in a new series from Luna that looks interesting. Luna remains a bit hit or miss in what attracts me, but I'd like to try this one.
  • Harrowing the Dragon - Patricia A. McKillip
    I really like Patricia McKillip, but I'm not very good with short stories so I may give this one a miss. Still tempted though.


And that's only four months. You see my problem?

1 comment:

Nicki said...

hmmmm..... I think you have a problem! ;)

I was going to offer to lend you Pride and Prescience but will that tip your TBR list over the edge? Nearly finished it and it's very enjoyable so far.