Thursday, February 08, 2007

Much Loved


Much Loved
Originally uploaded by rocalisa.

Journalling~
This much-loved and rather battered teddy bear sits on a chair in my mother's bedroom, dressed in his wooly vest. He's always been around and while I knew he was Mum's teddy when she was a girl, I never thought about it very much. Last October when I went to stay with my parents, I took our scanner so that Mum and I could scan some of her old photos to preserve them for the future. When she found this studio picture of a smiling little girl and her bear, she pulled it out of the suitcase and showed it to me with great delight. So here is teddy when he was still new and my mother as a child in a smocked dress and bonnet. All these years later she still has the same lovely smile and teddy remains as much loved as ever, as his place of honour in her bedroom proves.
7 Feb 2007


Credits~
Paper and clock face from "Margo" by Eve Recinella; photo frame from "Vintage Photo Frames" by Andrea Burns; alpha is "Card Stock Alpha" from the "This Love" collection by Dani Mogstad; flower brush is from "Sunprint Stamps and Brushes" by Katie Pertiet; negative photo frame (recoloured) is from "A Little Something Fab" by Kim Christensen; "P" alpha tag is from "Backyard Explorer" by Lynn Grieveson; pin is from "Attachments" by Maryann Wise; torn cardboard from "Dishelved" by Shawna Clingerman; flower from "Lamington" in the "Project 26" collection by Tracy Ann Robinson; vintage paper is from "True Blue" in the "Project 26" collection by Tracy Ann Robinson; font is MA Simple Pleasures.

No comments: