Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Marcus' "Very Quick Bed Quilt"


Marcus' "Very Quick Bed Quilt"
Originally uploaded by rocalisa.

For the first time in a very long time, I've been doing some patchwork.

When we got home after Christmas and the weather began to heat up, I realised Marcus didn't have anything to sleep under that was cooler than his duvet and bigger than cot-sized.

So I went on a rampage and made a quilt (hence its name). It took me two weeks and I'm very pleased with how it turned out considering I haven't done patchwork in literally years and I didn't use a pattern.

Clicking on the photo while take you to its Flickr page, where there are a few details about making it.

If you go here you can see some more photos of the quilt, including a cute on of Marcus in bed under it.

2 comments:

Anne S said...

Great quilt, you did a fantastic job of it! :D Love the photo of Marcus under it too - boy he's looking grown up now! :D

Anonymous said...

What a pretty quilt.