Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Stitching Update

Since I'm working on my new rotation, that means I'm now stitching Dawn Star. I took a photo of my progress on Sampler del Lago Maggiore on Sunday before I switched over, but it's taken me until now to get the picture of the camera. I'm really pleased with how this is coming along. I think it's going to be really pretty.

Marcus has been living with my sitching since he was in the womb, so the other day I asked him if he'd like to try it. Knowing his attention span (very short) and his age, I didn't really expect him to take to it as a life-time hobby, but I thought he might like to try what Mummy does all the time.

So on Saturday we headed out to the LNS and bought some 6-ct Aida (boy, that stuff is big!) and some large-eye needles and over the weekend I showed Marcus how to cross stitch. He tends to be enthused for the length of time it takes to do one stitch and then he puts it away for later, but he is delighted by "his stitching".


8 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your wips are looking great, and how cute is Marcus with his own stitching.

Karen said...

Awww, how cute is that!! My 10/11 yo stuck with his for a few days, tehn put it down for 6 months, got it out for 1/2 hour, and now I think he's officially done - though he's always checking out my projects...

Sisu said...

Great progress Kerry! Marcus is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Good progress and Marcus certainly has got the hang of it.

Twana said...

What a sweet picture of your son and his stitching! Sampler del Lago Maggiore looks good. When does BoInk come back up in the rotation?

Anonymous said...

Ha, what a cutie!

Ruth said...

Too darn cute!

Paula H said...

I love the colors in Sampler del Lago Maggiore.. and Marcus looks like he's having fun, even if he doesn't have much attention for stitching right now.