Friday, June 27, 2008

Tarnation

And imagine me saying something stronger.

Bone Crossed, Patricia Briggs' new Mercy Thompson book, is going to be coming out it hardcover. I hate it when series switch from paperback to hardcover mid-series.

But that said, I can't decide if it is worse when it's a series I'm grown ambivalent about (say, J. R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood) which means I may use the change to hardcover as a reason to stop buying the books as they come out and use the library, or a series I love (like Mercy) where I know I'm going to want my own copy as soon as possible which means I'll probably have to find the cash to spring for the hardcover.

Yay for Briggs, but sigh for me.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Ah yes, as happy as I am for the writer , it's pretty annoying when when that switch over happens. Then even if you keep up with the series you end up with odd looking shelves if you like to keep your series together.

Jenn said...

Kerry, Sorry to hear that you haven't cared for the Black Dagger Brotherhood books anymore. I will admit I wasn't that crazy about Lover Unbound, Esp the ending. But, the new book Lover Enshrined was just amazing (IMO). If you'd ever like to talk about books - we seem to have the same tastes - feel free to drop me an e-mail. You can find my e-mail on my site under 'about me'

Kerry said...

Jenn, I still really like them - I just don't know if I like them enough to pay hardcover prices. I may get the new books from the library and then buy paperback copies later. I have Lover Enshrined, but haven't had a chance to read it yet.