Monday, June 09, 2008

WG7: Photo Post

Here's our mission for Weekly Geeks #7:


Whew! Catch Up On Reviews Week was hard work, wasn’t it? It was for me, anyway. So how about something easy this week? Let’s have Photos Week.

1. Decide what to illustrate and start taking photos: Most of you are book bloggers, so you may want to post photos of your favorite reading spot, your TBR pile(s), your local book store, your favorite librarian, your child reading, etc. You may want to post several photos of a certain topic (like all nine of your kids reading!) or a mixed bag of photos that are unrelated except that they’re bookish. Or you may want to post just one photo, it’s up to you. If you have a different type of blog, post photos of whatever you think is suitable.

2. Create a post of your photos.

3. Don’t forget! Also link in your post to another participant’s WG photo post. Weekly Geeks is a community thing, remember! If you’re one of the first finished, of course, you may have to add your link later. See if you can find someone you don’t normally read to link to.

I decided not to do book pictures - although book pictures are always good. Instead, here are some pictures of my stitching corner and my latest stitching project. I've only just started this one. It's called Sampler del Lago Maggiore and I'm stitching it for my parents. They went on holiday to Europe last year and spent a week at Lake Maggiore, so when I saw it I knew I wanted to stitch it for them. (Happily my mother agreed with me and she's the one for paid for all the pretty variegated threads it is stitched with.)








I'm going to link to Maree who has a post featuring cats, quilts and books, all of which are my kinds of things. She's also another Kiwi.

2 comments:

Maree said...

Thanks for the link! :)
I love the sampler _ that's going to be gorgeous when it's finished. I like your stitching chair too; I stitch where I read _ on the couch.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I'm glad someone other than me posted non-book pictures! My bookshelves are really just stacks of books in a very cluttered corner of a very cluttered room ... not much to brag about. :)

I hope your finished project turns out well - I'm sure your parents will love it!