Thursday, October 09, 2008

What Next?

I'm working on the latest part of Book of Ink Circles while I decide what to stitch next, but for any obsessed stitcher, that's a big decision to make.

I managed to whittle the stash down to four.

1. Celtic Band Sampler by Homespun Sampler


I'm going to stitch it on Very Vintage 32-ct Belfast linen from The Blended Needle, using DMC floss. (The Blended Needle hasn't existed for years, showing how long this has been in my stash. I originally bought it to stitch L&L's In the Arms of an Angel when I was pregnant but didn't feel well enough to stitch so it's been waiting to be used for something else.) I really do like this, but I think it's a bit bigger than I want to work on at the moment, so it's probably my fourth choice at present.

2. Cirque des Circles by Ink Circles


I just love this and I love the fabric (black 32-ct Belfast) and the thread (Dragon Tongue silk floss from HDF) I've chosen for it. But I'm going to spend about 10 days with my parents next week and I don't have a stitching light there. Since I'm planning to do this 1 over 1, I don't think it is a practical choice to begin and then need to put aside for a while almost immediately.

3. Second Chances by Ink Circles


I have the recommended Carrie's threads for this one. I hadn't really thought about what I was going to stitch it on when I remembered I had a piece of opalescent Dusk 32-ct Belfast from Silkweaver. I bought it as a possibility for Chatelaine's Watergarden but it was much to bright and too purple. I hadn't planned to do this sampler on anything as dramatic, but the Carrie's threads look just beautiful on it. I'm going to do this 1 over 1, but I think I could do it at Mum and Dad's even without a light as it's not dark like the black. I'm really, really tempted by this.

4. The Bookshelf by Little House Needleworks


I bought a bit of Flax 32-ct Belfast for this today. I'm going to change some of the authors from ones I don't really know or don't appeal (basically the more American ones) and because I've never had any interest in reading Wuthering Heights, change that picture to belonging to Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca. This will be standard 2 over 2 and it's the smallest pattern so it is probably the most sensible one to start. But I remain tempted by the others, especially the two Ink Circles ones.

What do readers think? What should I stitch next?

4 comments:

fudgey said...

i love all of them...
and i know i was voting the Bookshelf dfor a good travelling piece.. BUT now i am leaning towards the celtic band sampler..
i have to admit it is one of my fav charts of all time
but my head still says the bookshelf..
lol

Tama said...

mmm... I love the one on black, but that's because I love working on black fabric - I dunno why. But without a stitching light, not the best of choices.
I do rotation-stitching, but I try to keep it to a reasonable amount, so you could do what I do when a slot opens for a new start - pick the two you like the best, hold a skien of floss from each behind your back, and tell someone to pick a hand.

Nicki said...

They're all gorgeous! I'd be tempted to say the Celtic Sampler but I can see it's not your first choice. The other one that screams to me is Second Chances. Those colours are gorgeous. Go for that one! :)

Kim said...

I don't envy you this choice--they are all beautiful pieces, it's going to be tough to pick just one.

I would say The Bookshelf because it looks like it would be a quicker finish than the others. Then Second Chances--a selfish choice really because I want to see how it stitches up on that fabric--stunning! CDC should probably wait if you're doing it over one and trying to start it on a trip with little light. I like the Celtic Band Sampler but it seems to me that you want to leave that one for a bit.

I can't wait to see what you pick. Good luck :)