Sunday, April 23, 2006

Lookie what I got!

Dave asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I suggested the normal things - book vouchers or money towards stash - but he wanted to get me something that I wouldn't buy for myself that I'd really like.

After thinking for a bit, I asked him to get me a print of Abranda Sisson's Dragonfly, which I just love. Abranda is one of my artists, so we've got to know each other a bit and I gave Dave her email address and he said he'd contact her.

On my birthday he told me he'd ordered the print, but because I hadn't given him enough warning to get something mailed from the States, it would arrive in the next week or two.

I was delighted when I checked the PO box and found a card saying there was a parcel to pick up at the counter. It was soon clear it was my print. Yay! I got home, opened the parcel and found that Abranda had sent me, not a print but the original painting! What a wonderful surprise.

I picked it up from the framers yesterday and it is just beautiful.



I will be charting and releasing this through Character Creations as soon as I am able to do so. Right now I'm not well enough to do new charting - but when I am in good shape, I try to build up a backlog of designs so that I still have new releases ready through the time I'm not doing new ones.

I can't wait to have some time and energy to sit down and do some charting again as I really love it, but my brain has to be functioning better than it is right now to do a good job.

2 comments:

Mel in Dubai said...

Wow, Kerry, what a lovely gift!

fudgey said...

it looks great framed..
i am still blown away by how swet it was of Abranda to send you the original and how excited you must have been when you realised..

so pretty....