Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Warsworn

I didn't like this one as much as Warprize. I'm not exactly why, but it didn't grab my attention. I struggled with reading it all and finally decided that I would skim through to the end because I didn't want to give up completely, but I didn't feel like reading every single word. I enjoyed it much more as that picked up the pace and I realise it did cover important aspects in Keir and Lara's relationship as well as showing up the disruption trying to join two cultures as created. I think I'm looking forward to the next one as Lara and Keir face the Elders on the Plains and fight for their vision. I think perhaps my problem with this book is that it felt like a pause or a delyaing tactic rather than a strong story in its own right. I'm glad I know the story in the book, but I'm not at all sorry about skimming some of it.

No comments: