Friday, May 18, 2007

Itching to be Stitching


Over the last week or so, I've had this desperate urge to do some stitching. However, I'm also aware I can't push myself to hard. And, to combat the urge to stitch is this feeling of exhaustion when I consider the physical effort involved in dong that stitching.

Yesterday I found myself surfing the Mirabilia Bulletin Board, looking at all the lovely works in progress and remembering how much I like Mirabilia designs.

I've been so caught up in the big and complicated things, like Chatelaine, Character Creations and Heaven and Earth Designs, that I was ignoring the loveliness of all those Mirabilias I have in my stash. Sure, they're still big, but they are a quieter, easier stitch.

So I got out my Cinderella, put her on the Q-Snaps and I've been doing a few stitches of trees. I'm only doing a little bit - 10 or 15 minutes here or there as I feel I can - so I'm not going to make lots of progress, but if I'm finding satsifaction for those itchy stitchy fingers, that's got to be a good thing.

(The photo shows what I had done - not much - before I started doing some today.)

1 comment:

cathymk said...

I've been itching to work on my mirabilia WIPs too. I just got the chart for Mermaid of Atlantis and I was amazed that it was so small (it is still a double sided chart but it is heaps smaller than my other Mirabilias). Very tempted to make a start on it.