Monday, March 10, 2008

Stitching Update

I did a bit of work on Dawn Star for the CC SAL in the last weekend of February. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but I did finish the first page on the second strip, which was satisfying. Her hand and arm are on the next page, so hopefully I'll get away from background and into something more interesting soon.


I finally got all the white done on Greek Island Mini and that seems to have scared the frogs that were plaguing me off for now.


For the last year or more, I haven't had a proper stitching light. I've been using a clip on desk lamp clipped to the bookcase beside my stitching chair and it's been okay, but not perfect. I tried to win a floor lamp on the NZ auction site this weekend but I had to rest yesterday morning and fell asleep right about when the auction closed meaning I got outbid. So my darling husband too me shopping in the afternoon and I now have a nice, new halogen floor lamp. I used it last night and it was wonderful, especially compared to the old lamp. It's metallic blue rather than the usual black or white since that one was $20 cheaper and I'm all for making a saving where possible. It's very nice and I'm very happy.


And finally, here's my proper Sunday update of Greek Island Mini as this is where I got to last night before I went to bed. I'm delighted with how it is looking and now that I've got more stitching I'm finding I'm having less trouble with the pattern, so hopefully I can just keep stitching without too many frogs now. Hopefully.

1 comment:

fudgey said...

oh wow, youhave a new lamp, isn't stitching easier when you have good lighting!
i wondered if i was stitching alone last weekend on our CC sal..
i know i could have emailed lol..
i will send you a pic after next months stitching
your spml looks so lovely, those pale creamy colours are soo pretty
and the greek island mini is going along great guns..