Friday, August 31, 2007

I abandoned... Ship of Destiny


Ship of Destiny by Robin Hobb

The dragon, Tintaglia, released from her wizardwood coffin, flies high over the Rain Wild River. Below her, Reyn and Selden have been left to drown; while Malta and the Satrap attempt to navigate the acid flow of the river in a decomposing boat. Althea and Brashen are finally at sea together, sailing the liveship Paragon into pirate waters to rescue the Vestrit family liveship, Vivacia, stolen by the pirate king, Kennit; but there is mutiny brewing in their ragtag crew; and in the mind of the mad ship itself. And all the while the waters around the Vivacia are seething with giant serpents, following the liveship as it sails to its destiny.
I started this book at the end of last year - literally as my reading list shows a start date of 31st December, 2006 - but almost half way through I got really stressed about what was going to happen to the characters next and stopped. It has been sitting on my shelf laughing at me ever since. Finally, this week I decided I couldn't take it any more and officially maked it as a "Did Not Finish".

I really enjoyed the series and I do want to finish it one day, but it wasn't worth the stress, so this book will go back to the library downstairs and I will get it back out and enjoy finishing it at another time when I feel more able to do so.

Ship of Destiny
Liveship Traders, Book 3
Robin Hobb
DNF

No comments: