Thursday, August 16, 2007

New Books


I got some books from Amazon today. Yay, new books are always good.

Lois McMaster Bujold is one of my two "autobuy in hardcover" authors (the other is Catherine Asaro) so I knew I'd be buying Legacy as soon as it came out. I really liked the first half of this story (Beguilement) and I'm looking forward to reading this one. In fact, it's bumped Sebastian by Anne Bishop off the top of the TBR and I'll be reading it next.

I ordered the last Kage Baker because I couldn't wait to read the end of the story. In the end, the library got in its copy first (my books from Amazon take a circutious route that means the shipping is free but they take longer). I don't mind. I'm sure I'll be rereading the series again and it's a lovely looking book.

I really like Robin D. Owens' Celta series, but I'm disappointed that this one was released in trade when all the others have been mass market (making it both more expensive and a different size from the others) and I think the cover is just horrible. However, I'm looking forward to the story inside.

I loved Kate Elliott's Jaran books and enjoyed the first ion her Crown of Stars series. However, somehow I didn't keep up with the latter and since there are now six fat books I haven't read (not to mention the fact I'd need to reread the first one), I decided to try me some more Elliott with her new series, Crossroads. The fact this hardcover was on special for US$5.19 made me throw in in the order or I'd have been waiting for the paperback.

We also picked up our copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows from the local bookshop today. Oh boy, the UK cover is really horrible. I thought it was okay from looking at in on the internet, but then I saw it in person. Yuck.

No comments: