Sunday, May 11, 2008

More Donna Andrews news


Donna Andrews popped by my post about Cockatiels at Seven to say that:

"not only will Cockatiels at Seven be out in July, there will also be a second Meg book this year - Six Geese A-Slaying, a Christmas Meg adventure, will be out in late October or November."

Hooray, more Meg and Michael! I thought I should share the good news. I do love these books. They are silly and crazy in the best kind of way and Meg's family are always a riot. I don't think I'd want any real relatives like hers, but they are wonderful fun to read about.

Anyone who wants a funny, clever series of mysteries, give these ones a go. If you're amused by the titles, you'll like the books.

Meg Langslow Mysteries
  1. Murder with Peacocks
  2. Murder with Puffins
  3. Revenge of the Cast Iron Flamingos
  4. Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon
  5. We'll Always Have Parrots
  6. Owls Well that Ends Well
  7. No Nest for the Wicket
  8. The Penguin Who Knew Too Much
  9. Cockatiels at Seven
  10. Six Geese A-Slaying
(And while writing that list from memory, I only left one out - that has now been added in - which I think is pretty good.)

Personally, my favourites are Murder with Peacocks, Owls Well that Ends Well and The Penguin that Knew Too Much, although I like them all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous post! I haven't read most of these books, but a few of them sound wonderful, like the one with the color wheel.

I'd like to try those Meg Langslow mysteries, too. They sound pretty good.

Now I want to finish checking out your site (: