Saturday, March 03, 2007

Stitching (lack of) progress

I am very, very (very, very, very, very, very, very) reluctantly taking a break from stitching. I love it, I love all my projects, but the physical effort involved is too much for me at present. It's not that I am totally flattened no, but that I feel the need to be proactive and once I start stitching I get pretty obsessive about it and do too much at once.

I think that must be why I was only getting in one or two stitching sessions in a week - becuase I went at it too hard and too intensively once I sat down to do it. So I'm going to take a break and do some reading and scrapping (I can't stop, really I can't) and hope to come back to the stitching in a few weeks at a more healthy pace.

The downside of this is that I think I already have the stitching DTs. I miss it and desperately want to pick something up, but my physical reaction to that desire is just to feel tired. Which is why I've made this decision.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'll stick to it. I make a lot of plans and don't stick to them. (Have you noticed that?) I am going to say it is because the reality of my life and health changes them, but it's probably just that I'm fickle and have no stickability. Or both, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ever try setting a timer when you're doing something that you know tires you if you go too long? That's what I do (I have lyme), and I find a timer is great for that sort of thing.

And I know what you mean about being proactive; I've backed off on a few things lately because I can feel I'm right on the edge.