Sunday, April 01, 2007

Books

I have come to realise that I enjoy reading about books almost as much as I enjoy actually reading books.

I can waste hours reading blogs that talk about books.

There are so many books out there that I will never read and this gives me a chance to find out a little more about them. It also introduces me to books I might want to read and sometimes to a new author or series I would never have found otherwise.

But mostly, it just lets me read about books as opposed to reading books.

I don't read a lot of Romance (I mainly read paranormals, which probably shows my fantasy/SF reading roots), but I love reading about it. I love reading the various discussions that rage in blogland about it and I have a bunch of romance blogs on my RSS reader. I especially love Smart Bitches Who Love Trashy Novels which provides a wonderful, healthy dose of snark with intelligent discussion.

Then there are those dangerous things - people's blog lists on their own blogs - which can take me on all sorts of interesting travels to a huge variety of blogs. It was while following the links on Reading Adventures this morning, while conscious that I wasn't actually reading my current novel, that I realised just how much I enjoy reading about books. I'm still exploring all the links Marg has provided and finding several more to add to my RSS feeds.

Between scrapbooking blogs, book blogs and stitching blogs, I spend quite a bit of my time reading what other people have to say. I guess it's no wonder I don't seem to get as many actual books read as I used to do.

1 comment:

Marg said...

I'm glad you enjoyed my links! Before I started card making I used to say that my hobbies were reading...and talking about reading!