Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Stitching update

I did one more day's stitching on Garnet while on holiday, but only got the photo off the camera today. Since tomorrow is Wednesday and I'll be working on Garnet again, I thought I should post the current picture first.

Here's Garnet after 4 days of stitching (photo taken 26 Dec, 2007):


After taking a break between Christmas and New Year (aka needing a rest because I stitched too much), I got back to stitching yesterday with Alpine Seasons. I've now finished the section of borders down the middle of the sides.


I estimate I've now done about 2/3 of the outer borders (that's parts 11 and 12) and I hope to get the rest - and therefore the design - finished before too much more time goes past. As always, how it works out will depend on my health and how many other things I have to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry, wow! I had no idea that you started Garnet. It is just lovely and you have so many stitches in already. I am also smitten with Alpine Gardens; I just bought it and had all my silks delivered early Dec. (VC conversion) I can see that i have something lovely to look forward to!
Happy new Year and look forward to doing our CC sal together with JM and Paula.
hugs

The Silver Thistle said...

Happy New Year!

Alpine is looking fab! I love the fabric you're using!

Meg said...

I had no idea that Alpine Seasons was so beautiful... A definite must for dh. I'm so glad you've posted pics of your work on this -- thank you!

Nicki said...

Wow, look, you're nearly done! It's gorgeous! And a great start on Garnet - love the colours! (I still need to post you that thread - will do it soon)