Sunday, May 28, 2006

First some news - we're moving



Enough things are official now and all the need-to-be-told people have been told, so I can announce that the Dustins will be moving house at the beginning of July.

We've been very happy where we are now and we have a great landlady, but when we decided to take it we didn't know we had a Marcus on the way. It's one house of two down a shared drive with a very steep driveway on a hilly street. It has some grass, but none of it is in a safe location where Marcus can play with minimal supervision. It also has the master bedroom upstairs and the other bedrooms downstairs, which isn't perfect either for a small child.

The new house has a fenced back yard that's close to flat by Auckland standards. All the bedrooms are on the same floor, with what will be Marcus' room right next door to ours. It has a workshop for Dave and a lock up garage as well as a big living area. It may or may not have a pool, depending on what decisions are made about repairing it or filling it in. It's also in a much flatter area that where we are now.

It's one of those opportunities you have to take when they arise, so that's exactly what we're doing.

1 comment:

Erin (moviemuse) said...

Wow, I am like really late to the party here. Hope the move goes (went?) well! I'll have to check your livejournal for details. I'm just happy I found your "scrapping blog." LOL I have one now, too, believe it or not, and I just realized that I've seen the one of M and his grandfather on one of the boards, and I didn't even know it was you! I feel so silly now, LOL! Oh, mine is at http://moviemusescraps.blogspot.com