Thursday, May 18, 2006

Update

I had stitching friends around today - they come most Thursday afternoons and are part of the reason I'm still vaguely sane. I showed Leigh my miscounted new project and she offered to pull out the stitching for me. She says she doesn't mind unpicking it it isn't her stitching. Sounds kind of crazy to me, but I'm not going to complain. So I have my fabric back again ready to begin over. Frustrating though that is, I think it's the best solution. I'll make sure I put in guide threads this time.

I'm actually getting some stitching done this week, which is very exciting. I'm working on Dawn Star and I now have a dodecahedron (or some other multi-sided three-dimensional polygon). I was really worried the shape wasn't going to show up against the background, but it really looks rather neat. I'll have a picture of my progress at the beginning of next week.

I still have a couple more layouts to upload as well as my band on a canvas work RR. I'll try to do them as soon as I can, but I make no promises.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) You'll have to let me know what you think of Dark Side of the Moon--I'm counting the days until it comes out(which is Tuesday, May 30 here). Acheron is the character I've been gathering info on, since she spreads out stuff on him through all the books. Have a great weekend!