Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Layout - The Road Goes Ever On

I recently discovered a scrapping site called "Scrapmommies". Since I'm still mostly obsessed with doing layouts of Marcus, this has turned out to be a great site. They runs heaps of challenges every two weeks and these keep creeping inside my brain and giving me good ideas. I had this photo from going down to Palmerston North at Easter and thought I knew what I was going to do with it. Instead, it turned out like this thanks to a sketch challenge and I like it much better this way.



13th April, 2006
It's a long way from Auckland to Plamerston North, especially when you're only two. We went to stay with your grandparents for Easter and you couldn't stay awake for the whole trip, no matter how hard you tried. You saw lots of interesting things on the way, but you fell asleep in your car seat for some of the time as well. Don't worry, I went to sleep too and poor Daddy had to stay awake and drive while we were sleeping.

Background from Construction by Melany Violette, Road from Vroom Vroom Beep Beep by Melany Violette; Stamp, frame and brad from Little Prince by Lori Barnhurst and Scrapsy Daisy; Journaling Paper from Journaling Paper Biggie by Valerie Randall; Fonts are A Little Pot, Golden Script and Da Vinci Forward

1 comment:

Novia said...

This one is my favourite. It is being done in a very creative way with the perfect background as well.

Novia