Saturday, January 03, 2009

Backing Up

I've just learned that I can't include Dreams Underfoot in my 2009 challenges because I started it in 2008, so I've taken it off the two lists I added it to yesterday.

Because I keep a continuing reading list, I count books in the year I finish them - otherwise I'd end up with a bunch of orphaned books that never "officially" got read because I started them in one year and finished them in the next.

So I'm going to keep my usual monthly lists the same way I always have, by the date I finish a book (so Dreams Underfoot will go on the January list), and will keep the challenge lists according the the "read the whole book in 2009" rule. It just means that my master list and my 100+ Reading Challenge lists won't match number-wise. It's not really a big deal, but it did take me a little while to figure out how I was going to deal with the issue.

I guess I'd better get one with reading Thirteen Orphans if I want to add something to my challenge lists.

No comments: