Monday, January 05, 2009

Notes from a sick household

Marcus continues to improve. He still has a cough and is still a bit emotionally fragile, but he's getting better.

As for Dave and me, we now have raging head colds. Blergh.

Dave went back to work today and I don't think the air conditioning did him much good. He's considering working from home tomorrow.

Marcus went back to daycare and seems to have mostly enjoyed himself, although I arrived to find him in tears on one of the teacher's laps as he'd bumped into a cupboard and banged himself on the cheek. He's pretty tired at the end of the day, which is hardly surprising.

Talking of daycare, I settled which day would be Marcus' last day today. He finishes on January 30th, which is a Friday and the day after his 5th birthday. He starts school the following Tuesday on February 3rd. (Whoo-hoo, only two more payments to daycare! School fees are cheap in comparison.)

I can't believe my little baby boy is about to start school. Five years ago we were settling in for another four months of pregnancy and certainly weren't thinking about schools.


Can you believe that the tiny scrap of humanity in this photo is almost ready to start school? I can't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe he's nearly 5 too. What a wee little fella he was, you've all come a long way. :)

Hope your colds get better soon.

Louise said...

We have all been sick with head colds and the flu in my family all through Christmas and the New Year. I am feeling fine today, but haven't been as sick as other members of the family anyway.

Congrats on your little boy turning 5 and beginning school :o) and a Happy New Year.