bastards nice people over at Fictionwise.com just sent me an email. If it had been a conversation, it would have gone something like this.
“We’re having a sale,” they told me happily.
“Oh no,” I cringed, but kept reading
“Buy anything and we’ll give you a 60% rebate”, they promised me.
“Oh no,” I thought again. “They shouldn’t be doing this when I actually have some money in my PayPal account.” But, weak-willed individual that I am, I went and looked at my wishlist.
I’m sure you don’t need to ask, but in case you feel you do, yes of course I bought books. I bought the next ones in some series I’m reading and a couple of others that I’ve wanted by not been able to justify buying.
I ended up spending (gulp) $50.09, but they gave me $32.54 of it back to spend on more books. I know it’s a con, because they still got my money and I have to spend that $32.54 with them, but I’m going to fall for it every time.
So what did I buy?
- Childe Morgan by Katherine Kurtz (This is the latest Deryni book and I read it from the library, meaning I’d never got around to buying my own copy.)
- Memory and Dream by Charles de Lint (The next Newford book; I finished the one before it today, so I was ready to get the next one.)
- The Ivory and the Horn by Charles de Lint (The Newford book after that one; why get one when you can get two?)
- Kiss of Crimson by Lara Adrian (I liked the first in the series, so grabbed book 2.)
- Tanner’s Scheme by Lora Leigh (One of the Breed books I’m missing for my ongoing read through the series.)
- Dawn’s Awakening by Lora Leigh (Another one of the Breed books I’m missing.)
- Odd Magic by Patricia A. McKillip (One of the few books of hers that I’m missing; I tried reading it from the library last year and gave up, but after reading another of her books, want to try it again.)
I am so not adding any of these to the TBR list right at the moment. That would totally stress me out. Let me get over my crazy shopping first.
I tell myself that I don’t impulse buy – or buy at all if I can avoid it – with clothes or shoes or drugs or alcohol and books are a healthy addiction. Do you think Dave will believe me when he reads this?