Saturday, January 24, 2009

Things that make you go hmmm…

  • My glasses broke today. Marcus had a friend over to play and they were both trying them on when the frame holding one of the lenses (already weakened by use) snapped. It is, of course, the Saturday of a long weekend, so I can’t even find out if they can be repaired before Tuesday. In the meantime, I get to look like a total dork with sellotape holding the frames together. (Dave suggested I ask my family to chip in to give me some new glasses for my 40th birthday in March; it may not be a bad idea.)
  • You know you’ve been on medication too long when not having any makes you feel really nervous. Thanks to the same long weekend, when Dave went to pick up my prescription repeat yesterday, the doctors’ had closed early. I take half a sleeping pill each night to help me get to sleep (ridiculous, isn’t it, that I’m exhausted all the time, but can’t get to sleep) and I’ve run out. I’m now terrified I’m going to be awake all night.
  • Every time I sit down or lie down for a while, I stiffen up. When I get up again, I hobble around for a while before things ease up again. I’ve been wondering if there’s something wrong with me. Tonight, I figured out what it is. It’s called age. Sigh.
  • Why, when tennis generally bores me, am I obsessively watching the Australian Open?

4 comments:

Tez Miller said...

Why, when tennis generally bores me, am I obsessively watching the Australian Open?

So you can watch hot, foreign people be hot and foreign? ;-)

Have a lovely day! :-)

Dorte H said...

My husband began using reading glasses recently. He is always grumbling because he has lost them. He will have to get used to all the problems some of us have lived with for ages :)
Sleeping problems: know all about that. People dont really understand that we are TIRED, not sleepy.

Marg said...

I have watched more Australian Open this year that I have in the last four years I swear!

Just watched Rafa better Haas, and now wondering what next becasue even though I too am tired a lot of the time, I am not now that it is basically midnight!

Anonymous said...

My glasses broke today

Heeeee... I have a pair of sunglasses that have been held together with a twisted paper clip instead of a screw for a couple of years now.

This is made even worse when you consider that I'm an optometrist's daughter!